Thursday, November 03, 2011

Free Market Reform in Cuba

NPR reports:
Cuba announced Thursday it is allowing the purchase and sale of real estate for the first time since the early days of the revolution, the most important reform yet in a series of free-market changes ushered in by President Raul Castro.

The law, which takes effect Nov. 10, applies to citizens and permanent residents only, according to a red-letter headline on the front page of Thursday's Communist Party daily Granma.
This video provides a clear picture of the living standard in Cuba prior to these new "free-market changes." You won't be surprised.

2 comments:

wmv player said...

Thank you forthis video, it could perplex very much! I don't like what is happening in the world. But unfortunately don't know how i could change smth.

dvd into imovie said...

That is a good news for cuba, and the reform process would be a long term.
The DVD was filmed in Mexico when my sister and I went swimming with the dolphins and we bought it from the company. But I can't even open the DVD with imovie HD and I'm not sure why. I just want to use some clips of me and my sister for the movie/slideshow I am making for my mom.