Friday, November 13, 2009

The Research Productivity of Robert Tollison

Forthcoming in Public Choice, and the authors are Nicole and Mark Crain. I admit that I think this is one of the strangest paper ideas I've ever seen, which of course predisposing me to liking it. Abstract:
Academic performance is typically measured as some combination of teaching, publishing, and professional service. This paper focuses on the publication aspect of academic output, estimating the determinants of publication productivity using data for Robert D. Tollison (RDT). Robert Tollison published 433 articles and books, and collaborated with 524 coauthors while at a dozen institutions over thirty-eight years. Our findings indicate that RDT’s output is significantly correlated with several factors, including co-authorship, the diversification of his research portfolio, business cycles, and academic pay. To a lesser extent, his production pattern is influenced by non-work interests and specific institutional affiliations.

1 comment:

Term Papers said...

I really admire this, I mean it really looks interesting! Very nice write up. Anyways, its a Great post.