Monday, June 16, 2008

What Would You Do If You the Free Market Revolution Happens?

By You I mean other free-market economists. I wonder about this from time-to-time, economists are probably overs-supplied thanks to the bureaucratic budget maximizers of higher education. In fact, everyone involved in academic institutions probably receive a great deal of perks as a result of the system being so devoid of market competition (I realize the supply side of the labor market is very competitive, but the demand side is not).

So, what happens if we get the free market revolution we advocate? We are oversupplied and many of us will probably have to exit, so where do you go?

I think my competitive juices for the business environment are pretty dull, but eventually I would work my way back into banking, probably by starting at the teller window.

No comments: